“From the start, we’ve tried to make 462 Halsey Community Garden as much about community as it is about gardening. Our aim has always been to draw in everyone in the neighborhood, whenever possible”
:: via ::
Our goals are:
- To forge new community bonds and relationships through mutual hard work.
- To offer neighborhood youths a place to learn and grow through hands-on learning and involvement.
- To serve those who have helped shape the heart of this community: families who want and need healthy food options.
- For the community to be self-sustaining through independent agriculture.
- To offer a percentage of our harvest for sale to local businesses, in order to give them the opportunity to financially support this community effort as well as provide them with the freshest ingredients for their customers, by their customers.